Orange Julius



I was reading my favorite blogs and I came across one of my favorite recipes.  It is from the blog:
http://www.theidearoom.net

Today I would like to share with you my son’s recipe for Orange Julius.  He loves to bake and be in the kitchen.  He has even expressed a desire to start his own recipe blog, which I think would be a lot of fun for him.

     He is also taking a required Home and Family Class at school and is right in the middle of the cooking portion of the curriculum.  He came home from school really excited about the Orange Julius he had made earlier that day, and asked if he could make it for us as an after school snack.  Ummm…yes please!
It was delicious!  And since he is a reader of my blog, I thought it would be fun to post his yummy recipe here to share with all of you.  This recipe tastes just like the real Orange Julius they used to have in the mall when I was his age.
Orange Julius
6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar AND 1/4  cup powdered sugar
sugar 1 tsp. vanilla extract
8 ice cubes

1. Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in blender.
2. Blend for about 1-2 minutes and then add ice cubes one at a time.


Didn’t he do a great job?  Yum!

Thanks to the Idea Room...time to make an orange Julius...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modeling Mitosis with Oreo Cookies 1e: Designing Coherent Instruction

Ugly Sweaters and Vocabulary Review

Charlotte Danielson in Action