Getting ready for back to school with frozen breakfast sandwiches

I don't know about you but I LOVE egg breakfast sandwiches. I actually think it might be an addiction. I can't imagine having the time on school mornings to make breakfast so I am making up sandwiches to throw in the freezer so they can be microwaved in the morning.

In the past I bought these Jimmy Dean D-lights but they are pretty expensive and they are a bit too chewy after microwaving.

So after some careful internet research on the following blogs:
after a lot of trial and error I have developed my own favorite/healthier version with the following ingredients:
my favorite is "Southwestern"

one piece per sandwich

Everything BagelThins are my favorite
In the past I have cooked the eggs in the oven in a muffin pan like I saw here on Pinterest

but the eggs were too small for the bagel.  That's a deal breaker for me so I bought a very small nonstick pan like this one and it made all the difference. It does take longer because I have to cook the eggs for each sandwich individually but now my bagel sandwich has egg in every bite.
 

After they are assembled and cool I wrap each sandwich in a paper towel and then in aluminum foil and place in the freezer. 


To microwave them in the morning I remove the foil and place the paper towel-wrapped sandwich in the microwave. 

Microwave on 40% power for 1:40 
flip it over and then microwave on high for 50 seconds.
ENJOY!

What do you do to make your morning routine easier?

originally posted on ballinwithballing.blogspot.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modeling Mitosis with Oreo Cookies 1e: Designing Coherent Instruction

Charlotte Danielson in Action

Ugly Sweaters and Vocabulary Review